General memberships are in two categories: active, and associate. Active members perform and must audition. Associate members are an important part of our audience. Every member is expected to support the club financially, through annual dues of $30, annual contribution to the Scholarship Fund, and support of our Piano and Performance Fund drives.
Auditions for active members are held at least twice a year. Audition requirements are as follows:
- Instrumental soloists must play from memory one piece of music from the Classic period up to and including Beethoven and one piece of music from the Romantic or Modern period.
- Vocal soloists must sing from memory one song or aria from the Classic period up to and including Beethoven and one song from the Romantic or Modern period. They must provide their own accompanist unless otherwise arranged.
- Accompanists shall be prepared to play two accompaniments for any soloist the President may suggest.
- Composers must submit and perform or have performed two compositions which the Auditions Committee shall consider suitable for use on a club program.
- Applicants for conductor shall be approved by the Executive Board.
- Public performance in concert may be considered a substitute for audition, provided an Audition Committee is present.
|If you would like to join the Musical Club, you may ontact our membership
chairperson, Merrilyn Crane at (908) 232-3223.
-- or --
Click the eighth-note (at right) to send email.