Thousands of Westfield's citizens turned out to participate in and observe our Memorial Day Parade as the procession advanced up East Broad Street.
Westfielders shared by displaying pride in their country and
Westfield Town Bell was cast by Vickers
Foundry in Sheffield, England in 1869. The Bell hung in the Prospect School
and served as the school bell, Town bell, and fire bell from 1869-1921. From
1922-1985 it was housed in the Madison Avenue Presbyterian Church. The
Westfield Historical Society and Town
D.P.W. sponsored the restoration of the Bell by John R. Panosh and Ralph
H. Jones (Westfield Historical Society Curator), in 1993, for the Town's
Pictured here are John R. Panosh (Westfield Town Bellmaster), and Jonathan D. Klausner as they ring the Bell during the Memorial Day Parade.
Photographs courtesy of Darryl Walker
| Top | Home | Contents | Feedback | Help | Guestbook | E-mail |
Editor and Webmaster: Darryl
Walker (a resident of Westfield, NJ)