Union Chinese School Home Page
School Year Calendar
You may select various views, such as "agenda" to see only school events and holidays.
- September to June: Saturday mornings from 9 AM to 12 PM
- School Age Children: 100 minutes of Mandarin language class; 50 minutes of culture class
- Adults: Culture Classes
- For students coming from Mandarin speaking families: 1st to 10th grade; Age 7 to 16 years old.
- Students learn Traditional Chinese characters and zhu yin / pin yin (Phonetic). The Textbook, "Mei-Zhou Hua Yu" focuses on listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
Chinese as a Second Language Classes (CSL)
- For students coming from non-Mandarin speaking families: Age 7 to 14 years old.
- Through conversations, singing songs, reading poems, and playing games, the students learn Chinese and Chinese culture as well. Students learn traditional/simplified Chinese characters and pin yin (Phonetic). The Textbook, "Chinese Made Easy" focuses on listening and speaking skills.
Kindergarten Chinese Classes
These classes are designed for children ranging from four to six and half years old. The children learn Chinese through singing songs, reading poems, and playing games. The Textbook, "Living Mandarin" focuses on listening and speaking skills.
Chinese Culture Classes
Chinese instruments, Folk dance, Calligraphy, Arts & Crafts, Chinese Chess, Drawing, Fishing, and Yoga
*** Detailed information of curriculum.
The first student in the family is $300 and the rest students in the same family are $290 each
Union Chinese School is non-profit organization that provides service to residents in Union and Middlesex counties to promote multicultural awareness. Founded in 1979, our School has been actively involved in community service and cultural advancement. (School logos)
Our School has been affiliated with the Chinese American Cultural Association (CACA) since 1987. It continues to be devoted to the preservation of Chinese culture and heritage as well as the promotion of multicultural awareness in our community.
Principal email: ucs.principal at yahoo.com for other inquiry.
Teaching positions are only for US citizens or legal residents who have passionate about teaching; use email; know Traditional characters, Phonetics (for Traditional Track), and HanYu PinYin. If you qualify, please fill out the Job Application Form, and send it to PO Box 2022 Westfield NJ 07091 or email it to us.
Send e-mail to: UnionChineseSchool at gmail.com (Spam will be forwarded to Federal Trade Commission)